Have you ever woundered why people pick their nose? Yes you read the right word “Nose Picking”, as weird it sounds as it is the most common wrong practice people follow of all age groups.
But why do we do it?
- Minute hair follicles inside the nostril trap dirt and watery secretion (mucous) which gets dried quickly inside the nose and forms crusts.
- This happens more often in metro cities due to the excess dirt, to get rid of this people develop a habit of nose picking.
Dangers of Nose Picking
- Nose bleeding (epistasis) is a serious complication of nose picking. Inner side of the nose is highly vascularized and it may cause profuse bleeding, especially in elderly people who are on blood thinners.
- Vestibulitis-pustule and folliculitis formation inside the nose, which is a very painful infection, is caused due to dirty nails.
What to do instead?
- Don’t pick your nose, avoid the urge.
- Don’t forcefully blow your nostrils to clean your nose.
- Apply petroleum based moisturizing jelly or even some coconut oil inside the nose.
- Don’t sniff it but instead just apply a bit inside and gently massage through.
- Applying moisturizer inside nose is a must during winters and as well as in extreme summers.
So just take care of your little nose so that you can smell your favorite food..