Hareera is super tasty & nourishing food, increase the stamina and gives strength to the women post delivery. So, It is the best thing to be given to a new mother, in the evening and morning for at-least, a week post delivery.
The postpartum period or lactating period begins soon after the baby is born and ends when the mother’s body has returned close to its pre-pregnant state.
In order to regain & rebuild their strength after giving birth, the mother deserves special attention & care. Nutrition and plenty of rest are essential to new moms to help their bodies recover.
- The combination of ingredients in Hareera makes it a powerhouse of energy. It has all the micro & macro nutrients, required soon after the delivery to meet te body’s requirements.
- Turmeric helps heal internal wounds.
- Ajwain (carom seeds) helps soothe pain due to gas or indigestion.
- Dry ginger powder also known as sauth, offers health benefits, including anti-inflammatory effect.
Cumin seeds are believed to increase secretion of milk in lactating women. It is a rich source of calcium and iron.
- Dry fruits are rich in Proteins, carbohydrates, omega 3 fatty acids, fibre, vitamin B12 and E and contain minerals like magnesium, copper, manganese, potassium, calcium and zinc. Dry fruits can be used in many recipes. If you aren’t in the mood to cook they make a great snack to munch on. As there are so many nutrients packed in them, they becomes an ideal food to have while recovering from childbirth
- Jaggery is not only a good source of energy but also helps to recover & maintain a healthy system after deliver.
- t cleanses the body, boost immunity, purifies blood, prevents constipation & anemia.
Ingredients No. of Serving-5
- Makhana/Fox Nuts 30gm
- Badam/Almonds 30gm
- Kaju/Cashew 20gm
- Kishmish/Raisins 20gm
- Chironji/ Charoli nut 10gm
- Magaj/Muskmelon seeds 10gm
- Grated Dry coconut 20gm
- Chuara/Dry Dates(seedless) 20gm
- Sonth/Dry ginger Powder 2gm
- Jeera/cumin seeds 4-5gm
- Ajwain/carom seeds 4-5gm
- White pepper powder 2 gm(optional)
- Desi Ghee 2 tsp
- Jaggery 160gm
- Water 1 liter
Boil water & add jaggery in a pan, allow dissolving completely. Strain to remove the dirt, if any.
Chop dry fruits.
Take a thick bottom pan/kadhai, add 1 tsp of clarified butter/desi ghee in it. Turn on the gas and heat it.
When desi ghee is ready, turn the flame of gas to low/sim. Add all dry fruits and roast them together for 10 min, to avoid burning stir continuously.
Coarsely grind ajwain & jeera.
Transfer roasted dry fruits in a plate. In same kadai melt remaining ghee on low flame, add jeera, ajwain & haldi, saute it for few seconds.
Add jaggery syrup & ginger powder.
Bring it to a boil & add roasted dry fruits . Allow to cook for 40-45 min.
Add more water, if required.
Hareera is ready. Don’t serve it hot. Serve warm.
Notes: (Shelf life) -Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a week or 10 days.