Pregnant women need to be careful about what they eat. They are also required to choose nutritious foods for a healthy pregnancy and to ensure optimal growth of the fetus. Fruits and vegetables should be on the top of every pregnant woman’s list of foods to eat. Vegetables and fruits not only contain vitamins but also vital minerals that the mother and in particular her unborn baby needs. Tomatoes are a great option for pregnant women. They are not just beneficial during pregnancy but also beneficial from improving digestion to boosting eye health and more!
Tomato juice is nutrient-rich but naturally low in calories and fat. So, if you are looking to lose weight also, this drink is just for you. The consumption of a moderate quantity of tomatoes will have several health benefits while avoiding the side effects of consuming large quantities.
|Fats||0.2 gm (negligible)|
One can have tomatoes in various ways; it can be consumed raw, made into juice or soup, added to a salad or cooked. The best part of tomato juice is that one can have it hot or cold as per the choice, taste & preference.
- Tomato is a good blood purifier, consumption of tomato everyday helps in improving the skin’s texture and color & improves blood circulation.
- One of the best features of tomato juice is its antioxidant properties, it helps in reducing the chances of heart diseases & prevents blood clotting. Tomatoes also contain vitamin K which prevents blood loss and reduces the risk of hemorrhages.
- It helps in improving digestive function, prevents constipation.
- The drink works wonders in flushing out the toxins (free radicals) from the body, due to the presence of antioxidants.
- It protects from eye related problems., due to its vitamin A content
- The combination of ingredients provides in this drink, it provides the perfect balance of nutrients to help your body recover from strenuous exercise, boosts immunity, aids in weight loss, improves digestion and help maintain proper blood circulation.
So, ditch the fizzy energy drinks and choose to drink the healing juice instead as it is loaded with a lot of health benefiting properties.
No. of serve-1
- Fresh tomato Juice 180 ml
- Lemon Juice 2 ml
- Worcestershire Sauce 5 ml
- Tabasco sauce 1 ml
- Mint leaves 4-5
- Black pepper ground 5 gm
- Salt acc to taste
- Sugar 15 gm
- Ice cubes 4-5 (optional)
- Fresh tomato Juice
- Lemon Juice
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- Mint leaves
- Black pepper ground
- Ice cubes
For Fresh Tomato Juice:
- 500 gm roughly chopped Red ripe tomato
- 100 gm chopped Celery stick
- 15 gm Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
Method: Put all ingredients into a large stainless steel container. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until mixture is completely soupy, about 20-25 minutes.
Pour the mixture to the steel sieve, put one container under the sieve & strain out the juice by pressing & squeezing with the help of ladle/spatula. Cool completely.
Store covered and chilled. Will last for about 1 week in the refrigerator.
Worcestershire Sauce Recipe:
- 120 ml apple cider vinegar
- 30 ml water
- 30 ml soy sauce
- 15 gm brown sugar
- 5 gm mustard powder
- 2 gm onion powder/ 1 tsp onion juice
- 2 gm garlic powder/ 1 tsp garlic juice
- 1 gm ground cinnamon
- ground black pepper acc. to taste
- Ice cubes (optional)
Method: Combine apple cider vinegar, water, soy sauce, brown sugar, mustard powder, onion powder, garlic powder, ground cinnamon, and black pepper together in a saucepan; bring to a boil and cook until fragrant, about 45 seconds. Cool to room temperature. Store in airtight container for a month or 2.
Method for making Virgin Mary:
- Gather the ingredients.
- Wet the glass rim with lemon or water and dip into the salt, so that the rim is covered with salt.
- Shake all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker, shake to mix well. Pour liquid ingredients into a highball glass over ice cubes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve with celery and extra Tabasco
- Serve cold, garnished with a lemon slice on the rim of the glass.