- Soy food are considered to be good source of high quality protein and essential fatty acids. Certain evidence shows that they reduce the risk of coronary heart disease, breast and prostate cancer.
- Soy foods are an excellent source of protein for vegetarian people, who do not eat eggs or not able to buy supplements to accomplish their protein requirements.
- Soy powder is also used in most of the hospitals to fulfill the protein requirement of critically ill patients on Enteral Feeding (tube feeding).
- The quality of soy protein is higher than that of other plant proteins and similar to that of animal protein, which makes it ideal to fulfill the protein requirement of vegetarian.
- Soy foods are good for people with diabetes because of it’s low carbohydrate and high fiber content. And also helps lower the cholesterol levels, regulate the bowels and relieve constipation, improves skin health.
- Soy foods are uniquely-rich source of isoflavones, which reduces the risk of osteoporosis in menopausal women and also ease other hormonal symptoms.
- Soy foods are the only legumes that provide ample amount of omega-3 fatty acid.
- Since it’s a good source of omega- 3 fatty acids and fiber, it can benefit in lowering down cholesterol levels in a body.
- It’s a good source of minerals namely- manganese, iron, calcium, magnesium and also a good source of vitamin K, therefore it’s use can be restricted among people on low vitamin k or acitrom diet.
- Soybeans are good source of Iron but it’s absorption depends on calcium and vitamin C intake. Surprisingly, despite the presence of both phytate and oxalate in soybeans, the two compounds that inhibit mineral absorption, calcium absorption from soybeans is quite good.
- Due to good fiber and protein content, it helps you keep a close check on your body weight and also helps in building muscle mass.
- Its high content of magnesium has shown results in fighting insomnia.
- It’s also a good source of vitamin b, riboflavin, and folate.
Know More – Nutritionist in Delhi
Please follow and like us: