incredibly useful for children and adults during cholera or severe diarrhoea and dehydration
Fresh coconut water is the most appealing based upon observations regarding its hydration capabilities. It act as a natural alternative to sport drinks. It is natural nutritious beverage and is very popular all over the world. It has therapeutic properties as it contains active compounds and a composition of sugars, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and phytohormones.
- Super hydrating property:-It has less sugar, less acidity, less calories and higher in electrolytes as compared to any other soft drinks.
- When you are exercising you lose more than water and this should be compensated through drinks more than just plain water.
- It is better tolerated in nausea or upset stomach.
- Even better works than saline in ill conditions or hospitalisation.
- Studies have shown coconut water with a pinch of table salt was incredibly useful for rehydration during cholera or severe diarrhoea and dehydration.
- It’s amazing for controlling diarrhoea in infants and children.
- It is also very useful in case of patients with low potassium levels as it is one of the best source of potassium.
- It is also good to consume coconut water if you are on a weight management diet. As it is believed to control sugar cravings and help burn fat.
- It is also good for lowering cholesterol level, controlling hypertension and protecting your heart.
- It is good for your skin as well as it’s a good hydrating source for your skin and body. Said to have anti-aging properties.
- It works as a laxative agent in some cases because of it’s sodium content.
Points to remember before taking coconut water
- Avoid taking coconut water in case of renal failure or any kidney disease, when your electrolyte levels are imbalanced. Especially in case of high potassium levels.
- In case of heart disease or renal failure where doctor have suggested Fluid restriction, avoid taking coconut water.
- In case you have diabetes please check your sugar levels before taking coconut water as a large portion of calories of coconut water comes from it’s natural sugars. (1-2 coconut water per day is allowed for diabetic patients depending on their sugar levels)
- Drinking coconut water in moderation is the best way. If you drink too much, your potassium levels can reach toxic and dangerous levels over time.
Know More – Best Nutritionist in Delhi