This festive season give your bones a boost with this healthy drink. It’s a calcium rich drink
• A great drink good for the bones and teeth. Gives about 1/3 rd of the daily calcium. Very high in fiber and iron.
• Ragi is very good source of instant energy and calcium.
• Good for pregnant and lactating mothers, weight watchers and even those who want to loose weight
• Great for heart health, as its fiber content helps in lowering cholesterol.
• People who want to reduce weight can take it as a meal replacement and can take it with a vegetable salad or a sprout salad to make it a complete meal.
• Also good for people with constipation due to its high fiber content.
Ingredients: Nutritive Value
- Ragi flour: 50-60 gm
- Water: 1 cup
- Jaggery: 10 gm
- Cardamom: a pinch
- Milk: 150 ml
1. Take ragi in a bowl and add water slowly to it, stir it continously to avoid lumps and make a smooth paste.
2. Start heating milk in a pan and bring it to boil.
3. Add prepared ragi paste to the milk with continous stirring and add cardamom powder.
4. Now add jaggery to the milk and let it simmer for 5 min on low flame.
5. Garnish it with chopped dry fruits and let it cool.