Tikkis are made with various variations and are one of the most preferred high tea snacks. Corn and Capsicum Tikkis are easy-to-make tikkis and must with your tea specially during the ongoing monsoon season. The tikki recipe is made with corns, green capsicum, rice flour, green chillies (optional), green coriander . Serve hot with ketchup or chutney of your choice. This can be a perfect snack for your kid’s tiffin which they will love.
Special Tips :
- Adding Potato can help to bind the tikkis easily, but adds extra calories.
- It is powerhouse of antioxidants, being rich in vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, Folic acid.
- It helps to lower bad cholesterol, maintaining iron deficiency anemia, helpful in pregnancy.
- Its high fiber content makes stomach feel fuller for long time thus reduces weight, managing the frequency of food eating.
- Good for for your skin, hair and eyes.
Ingredients : Serving : 6
- Sweet corn kernel 200 gm
- Finely chopped capsicum 1 cup/125 gm
- Green chillies 2 tsp
- Green coriander 2 tsp
- Rice flour 2 tbsp / 30 gm
- Salt to taste
- Black crushed pepper ¼ tsp
- Chaat masala ½ tsp
- Ghee/oil 30 ml
- Coarsely blend the corn.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl except rice flour.
- Now gently add rice flour. Bind them together to get a dough like
- Divide into 8-10 portions. Gently roll each portion between palm to form tikkis.
- Let it rest for 5-10 min.
- Heat tawa, grease with oil/ ghee.
- Shallow fry tikkis 5-7 min from each side on medium to flame.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce , mint or coriander chutney.