Low Glycemic Index and load: less than 55,so good for Diabetics, even good for weight watchers and hyperlepidemics.
- High in fiber, and complex carbohydrates, negligible Cholesterol.
- Has many antioxidants such as beta carotene, vitamin E, Vitamin K and Bioflavinoids
- Makes a wholesome meal with low fat yogurt.
Ingredients: Serves:3 Nutritive Values
- Brown Rice-1 cup
- Channa dal-1/2 cup
- Carrots – ½ cup chopped
- Peas-¼ cup
- Tomato- 1 medium
- Onion- 1 medium
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Pepper corns- 5-6 nos.
- Curry leaves- a handful
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Soak brown rice for 2 hours or as per instructions on the pack (some brown rice need not be soaked for a long period of time)
- Soak channa dal for ½ an hour
- In a pan heat oil, then add cumin seeds and pepper corn and stir till lightly brown.
- Add curry leaves, then chopped onions, stir fry till golden, add peas and carrots, sauté them for two minutes.
- Lastly add tomatoes and stir for 30seconds.
- Mix dal and rice in this mixture and add salt to taste.
- Serve with curd.
Nutritionist’s Special: High Fiber foods release sugars slowly in the body and therefore are a good meal choices for diabetics and obese.