A weight loss friendly snack. Perfect for children’s tiffin, picnics, afternoon and evening snacks.
Good for weight watchers, kids, pregnant lactating mothers, due to its satiety value. You will definitely fall in love with its nutty taste. Good for the heart and the gut
- It goes well with tea, coffee, milk shakes and smoothies.
- A good protein booster, provides essential minerals like thiamin, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, manganese, selenium, and iron, vitamin A, C and K.
- A very good source of Antioxidant.
Ingredients : Serves 15
- Oats 100gm
- Chopped walnuts 20gm
- Brown sugar 20 gm
- All-purpose flour 120 gm
- Granulated sugar 50gm
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Baking soda ½ tsp
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Orange juice 120ml
- Yogurt 100 gm
- Egg 1 large
- Canola oil 30ml
- Grated orange zest 1 tbsp
- Dried cranberries 30 gm
- Heat microwave at micro convection mode for 5 min. Cover muffin mould with paper muffin liners.
- For topping: Mix 1/4 cup of the oats, walnut, brown sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- Now combine all dry ingredients oats with flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine orange juice, yogurt, egg, oil, and orange zest in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until combined well. Stir in dry cranberries.
- Spoon into muffin mould and sprinkle it with prepared topping.
- Bake 8 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool muffins in moulds on wire rack 5 minutes, then remove from mould.