A low fat, no cholesterol breakfast option for diabetics, weight watchers, pregnant and lactating mothers and also cardiac patients.
- A good breakfast option. Can be had as Dinner replacement by adding some more veggies in the filling or with some boiled vegetables and Soup.
- Very high in proteins, fiber, Vitamin B complex, Iron, folate and Low in Fat and cholesterol.
- Even pregnant mothers can have this as a snack for its rich Iron and folate content.
- Boiled Eggs can be added to improve Protein content, can be had with a low fat yogurt smoothie.
Ingredients: Serve 2 Nutritive Values
- Whole wheat or Multigrain Bread- 4 slices
- Sprouted Mung Beans:- 1 cup
- Hung Curd – 15 gm (low fat)
- Onions- 20 gm ( 1 medium, finely Chopped)
- Tomato-20 gm ( 1 medium, finely Chopped)
- Carrot – 20 gm (1 small, grated)
- Capsicum or red –yellow pepper- 20 gm ( 1 finely chopped)
- Lettuce leaves -2
- Lemon Juice- ½ Tea spoon or as desired
- Salt to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Steam sprouts lightly in a covered pan adding small quantity of water and salt.
- Strain any extra water
- Mix all vegetables and sprouts with hung curd, season with lemon Juice, salt and pepper.
- Place this Mixture on the Bread Slices over lettuce leaves.
- Toast on a skillet or a toastie Machine
- Serve with mint chutney or Hot Soup as desired.