Made with whole wheat and apple, this low-calorie cake will tingle your taste buds this Christmas, while taking care of your weight. Great option this season for the weight watchers, renal and even cardiac individuals.
- Low calorie, low fat per slice of this treat can be enjoyed by renal and cardiac individuals also along with others.
- With the goodness of apple and whole wheat this cake has good fibre content.
- Orange can also be used in place of apple for taste change along with its peel for taste and nutrient benefits.
Ingredients: No of Servings: 10 slices
- Wheat flour – 1cup (120g)
- White flour – ½ cup(63g)
- Baking powder – 1 tsp (5 g)
- Baking soda, – ½ tsp (2.5g)
- Cinnamon powder – ¼ tsp (1 g)
- Apple -1 large (200g)
- Sugar -3/4 cup (60 g)
- Refined oil – 50 ml
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder (optional).
- Sift all the dry ingredients together and keep aside.
- Now peel and grate the apple.
- Mix with sugar and cook in a non-stick pan on medium heat until the sugar melts. Don’t cook for too long.
- Switch off the gas and add the oil. Also let it cool down.
- Shift to a mixing bowl and add the dry ingredients little by little.
- Mix well with the whisker. Please remember the mixture won’t be flowy like the cake batter. It will be little thick.
- Now pour the mixture into a well-greased and dusted baking tin. Bake at 180◦for 30 or 35 minutes or until done.
- Make sure to keep on the middle rack and only lower rod on. Please check the settings of your oven.
- Take out the cake and let it cool for some time at room temp. before serving.
You can even serve it hot with liquid chocolate/strawberry syrup. Or simply with icing sugar.
You can give different shapes using any of the cake mold.
You can even put dices or slices of apple into the mixture.