Reducing weight and then maintaining it is a big challenge for most people. We all take resolution on the New Year to shed extra weight and to maintain a healthy life style after that.
Most researches and studies agree that foods that have high antioxidant values, are high on fiber, have a low Glycemic index*, may or may not have less calories but definitely less simple sugars and which keep one satiated for longer periods of time., are those that keep one fit and also help reduce weight
A combination of eating the right kind of foods and leading a healthy lifestyle ensures that one not only is able to reduce the extra weight but also keep most chronic illnesses at bay.
Marinating an ideal body weight without skipping meals or following a rigid diet regime is in fact quite easy. All you need to do is include these 11 foods to your every day diet plan and enjoy enough nutrition and maintain ideal body weight.
- Oats: A whole grain which contains proteins, starch, unsaturated fatty acids and dietary fibre both soluble and insoluble. Oat also contains micronutrients such as vitamin E, folates, zinc, iron, selenium, copper, manganese, carotenoids, etc. The dietary fibre in oats regulates the nutrient absorption and helps to avoid reabsorption of fats from the colon.
- Yogurt: Is high in proteins, about 20 gm in 250 gm ( 2 bowls), which makes it a perfect post workout food. It is also high in Vitamin D and calcium, which reduces production of cortisol, a stress hormone which increases belly fat.
- Almonds: Soaked or otherwise are packed with fat burning compound and are also rich in fiber. The amino acid L-arginine can help burn more fat and also carbohydrates.
- Citrus Fruits: such as grapefruit , oranges, sweet lime, etc are rich in phytochemicals which stimulate production of hormone called adiponectin, which is involved in the breakdown of body fat.
- White tea: A study published in the Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism showed that white tea can simultaneously boost lipolysis ( that is the breakdown of fat) and block adipogenesis (that is the formation of fat cells). Another research found that white tea is also a rich source of antioxidants that trigger the release of fat from the cells and help speed the liver’s ability to turn fat into energy. Green tea also works similarly but to a lesser extent.
- Berries: Berries are packed with polyphenols a group antioxidants which help to burn fats, prevent them from forming in the body and also improve muscle build up. Consumed after meal they curb the cravings for sweets.
- Black Beans: these are a great source of resistant starch, which promotes the growth of friendly gut bacteria, triggering production of butyrate which encourages the body to use fat as the fuel source.
- Green leafy Vegetables: like spinach, fenugreek and mint contain compounds called thylakoids which reduce appetite and encourage the body to burn fats. They are packed with energy boosting nutrients such as Vitamin A, Iron and
- Pepper and chillies: According to a study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, daily consumption of one of the compounds found in pepper (capsaicin) speeds up abdominal fat loss by boosting the body’s ability to convert food into energy. It also acts as a natural appetite suppressant.
- Sweet Potato: These have carotenoids along with Vitamin A and C, antioxidants which stabilize blood sugar levels, lower insulin resistance and prevent calories from being converted to fat.
Last But the Most Important:
- Water and also Lemon water: Water is important for proper body metabolism, makes one feel satiated and helps to cut back on unnecessary calories. Adding a slice of lemon along with the juice is more effective for weight loss as the peel contains D-limonene, an antioxidant which, helps flush toxins from the body and improve bowel movement thus flushing fat from your system to keep your tummy toned and tight.
Include these magic foods in your daily diet this New Year and reduce weight and belly fat, while remaining satiated and Healthy.
Contact : Best Nutritionist Near Me