We all know curd is a dairy product obtained by milk coagulation process called curdling. Curdling of milk is a very common practice in Indian homes. You must have heard about a word probiotic, but what are they? Probiotics are the live bacteria or microorganism that are believed to provide health benefits when consumed. Probiotics has led to widespread consumption of food preparations containing probiotic microbes such as curd. The home-made curd contains Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB) which has probiotic potential.
As we all know Indian diets are low in protein and calcium, and curd or yogurt is one of the best food with probiotic potential and naturally contains both calcium and protein in quantities more than milk.
Consuming curd once a day or 4 to 5 times a week is a healthy way of getting enough calcium, especially for the people who cannot tolerate most other dairy products.
An imbalance cortisol can lead to issues like obesity and hypertension. Calcium can prevent the formation of cortisol in your body, which can help in reducing belly fat. Therefore curd can also help in reducing belly fat.
Curd is not only rich source of calcium but also phosphorus, vitamin B2, B12, magnesium and beneficial fatty acids.
Listed below are the benefits of curd:
- Provides protection against Diabetes
- Helps improve digestion
- Helps to shed belly fat
- Great for those who has lactose intolerance
- Helps boost immunity
- Provides relief against acid reflux
- Good for teeth and bones
- Healthy for heart
- Helps develop a healthy skin, also can be used as a skincare product
Certain curd preparation for weight loss can be:
- Hung curd can be used as a dressing/ spread in sandwiches, salads etc in place of other high fat spreads.
- You can even add freshly chopped fruits (apple, grapes, peaches, berries etc) to your yogurt and take it in your breakfast. It will make you feel satiated for longer.
- You can even make fruit smoothies with yogurt.
- You can start your day by adding some chopped walnuts and almonds and honey to your yogurt.
Contact : Nutritionist in Delhi