High Fiber, high folate meal accompaniment good for Pregnant women and lactating mothers. Also good for children.
- Peas are high in K, dietary fibre, vit. C, B-complex, Folate.
- They are also good for its various health benefits such as anti-aging properties, healthy bones and improved hemoglobin levels.
- However, being a high fat recipe , it cannot be consumed by hyperlepidemics or diabetics.
Prep time : 10 min Cook time : 30 min
Ingredients: Serves 2-3 Nutritive values
- Unshelled peas ½ kg -500 gms (fresh, seasonal)
- Oil- 2 table spoon
- Tomato- 30 gms
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Red Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon (optional)
- Garam masala- 1 teaspoon (Hot Indian Spices)
- Corriander Powder- 1 teaspoon
- Salt-to taste
- Cumin seeds whole-1 teaspoon
- Take ½ kg fresh green peas (seasonal) and wash them under running water.
- Grind tomato in a grinder
- Take a medium sized pan, put 2 tablespoon oil and let it heat for 10 – 15 seconds.
- Add cumin seeds to the hot oil and then add other dry spices to it
- Stir it for a minute and then add ground tomato. Add salt to taste.
- Cook for 5 mins and then add the fresh cleaned whole peas. Saute’ for 2 minutes,
- Now add 50 ml of water, let it cook on low flame for ½ an hour.
- Serve hot as a snack or with meals as a side dish.